Senior Audit Supervisor
Location: Durban North
Our client, an accounting firm based in Umhlanga, is in search of a Senior Audit Supervisor.
- Conduct full statutory audits on small to medium and large sized firms in the private sector and public sector.
- Prepare financial statements for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Private Companies, Close Corporations and Trusts and group consolidations.
- Calculate taxes payable by Individuals, Companies, Trusts.
- Advise clients on requested tax issues such as the treatment of Vat, Fringe benefits, dividend tax issues and research and development process.
- Liaise with the executive members of clients at the planning, during and concluding stages of an audit engagement.
- Draft reports to management on internal control deficiencies, other audit findings and advises Management on the systems and process requiring improvement.
- Audit critical audit objectives including risk assessments, expenses, income, statutory, liabilities, assets and taxes.
- Monitor actual versus budgeted costs.
- Communicate and resolve issues which might impact the audit opinion with the engagement manager & partner and client.
- Conduct audit of critical audit objectives including risk assessment, expenses, income, statutory, liabilities, assets and taxes.
- Review Audit files.
- Supervise junior staff.
- Ensure Audit files are closed off within 60 days for Partner to sign-off.
- Initiate and effect journal entries including relevant calculations and presentation of supporting documentation.
- Oversee maintenance of general ledger and related accounting records.
- Review payments’ supporting documentation.
- Prepare cash flow information, all balance sheet and income statement reconciliations. (including creditors, debtors, bank , stock reconciliations, VAT, payroll)
- Maintain the fixed asset register and wear & tear registers.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Perform job costing including variance analysis.
- Perform stock counts and reconciliation of variances.
- Assist with ad-hoc queries.
- BCom Accounting Degree.
- Completed articles (SAICA accredited articles)
- Driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Caseware experience.
- MS office (Word, excel)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.