Our client, an accounting firm based in Umhlanga, is in search of a Financial Accountant.
Accounting & Management Accounting
- Oversees the capture of daily receipts and payments.
- Manages account compilations.
- Produces Management Reports for the Business Units.
Creditors, Purchases & Payments
- Manages the processing of purchase orders.
- Oversees the reconciliations of Creditors and bank accounts.
- Loads payments on banking profiles.
- Liaises with banks and suppliers.
Accounts Receivable & Cash-flow
- Manages Debtors process.
- Manages Debtors entries and reconciliation.
- Produces daily and monthly cash flow projections.
- Manages daily cash flows and keeps Partners and CEO constantly informed of cash position.
- Follows up on Debtors with partners, managers and clients until payment is received.
- Compiles and monitors cash flow daily. Populates the promises vs actuals every morning.
- Completes and submits VAT.
- Calculates and submits provisional tax.
- Conducts annual preparation and review of budgets.
- Prepares annual tax returns.
- Ensures firms compliance with statutory obligations.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff.
- Ensures that there is clear focus and co-ordination of all activities; and that there are clearly communicated performance standards and objectives.
- Ensures self-development and training & development of all staff in the Business Unit.
- Assesses staffing requirements on an ongoing basis, appoints appropriately qualified personnel and ensures that they are fully utilised in terms of their skills set and experience.
- BCom Accounting Degree
- SAICA / SAIPA Articles (preferable).
- Pastel experience (essential)
- Xero experience (advantageous)
- Great Soft experience (advantageous)
- Caseware experience (advantageous)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.